Better - quick 36????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hortboy, Jun 7, 2004.

1. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

looking for some input on the better-quick36. how does it hold up commercially. I'm looking to put together a small crew 2 guys to just mow the numerous postage stamp yards we do for landords and prop managers. I hate to spend alot of money on a really nice mower knowing that most of these properties are student rentals and the stuff you run through your mowers is amazing. what is your opinion??? Seems like a good deal if it will hold up to the everyday where and tear of comm. mowers

2. Ray & Karen

Ray & Karen LawnSite Member

I am also curious about these machines and would like to hear more from users. Is there anyone here currently using these machines?

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

4. aVOLanche

aVOLanche LawnSite Member

The Quick36 is a well built machine and cuts very nicely.It is a single hydro,so it's not really good on hillsides and you gotta turn it.It does have instant reverse to forward and vice versa.It's still up in the air as to whether it does a good job as a mulcher(new kit just out).Rumour has a Kawasaki engine coming in a year or so.It's very light(compared to other 36" WBs),but looks to be built to commercial standards.To me,it doesn't walk nearly as fast as my Exmark 48",but it's not slow or underpowered.Worth a look I'd say....especially for the $1999 price(no tax,delivered).JMO

5. preferredlawn

preferredlawn LawnSite Member

I've been using Quick 36 for about 3 months and have about 150 hrs on machine. I've used in all types of conditions and on all types of grass. It is to me, the best machine on the market for the money! It is tough, rugged, well built, manuvers well, cuts in reverse, fits in the back of truck without pulling a trailer and the folks at Better are a pleasure to do business with. This machine is the best hidden secret in the mower industry today!

6. Ray & Karen

Ray & Karen LawnSite Member

Preferredlawn,

I have never operated a single hydro before. How difficult is this machine to operate on hillsides, and is it possible to pull a sulky? I am forever a skeptic. I wish I could demo one of these machines.

7. preferredlawn

Ray and Karen,
    The machine is excellent up and down hills, but you have to be real careful on side hills. You can really control the speed going down hills and haven't found a hill yet that it won't climb. As far as a sulky, you need to check with Better Outdoor, I have heard they are coming with one but don't know when. Class company, goods folks to deal with!

8. Redeemed

Redeemed LawnSite Member

Preferred lawn,
    The Better website said that deck height adjustments could be made in a few minutes. Is that accurate? Thanks

9. preferredlawn

You can adjust the height of cut in about 2 minutes. You have to lift the front of the mower about 12 inches off the ground to adjust the front and use a wrench to loosen the 2 bolts to adjust the rear of the deck. I have really been impressed with the toughness of the mower. Good company and class people to deal with.