Better than bfg a/t?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grassmasterswilson, Oct 12, 2011.

1. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Bfg radial long trail t/a or rugged trail would be a good fit for you. I use long trail on my f250 my explorer had rugged trails from the factory best set of tires I ever had on a SUV. I've tried contenintal and michelin but they always wore funny from higher speed turns the BFG don't round off the edges near as much.
  2. BaxtersEssentialLawnCare

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Look at procomp. I run extreme at 2s they have about 10k and no signs of ware and a lot cheaper than the bfgs, they have more spacing than the bfgs so less clogging issues in the mud than the bfgs, which is a big issue with them.
  3. Bigkrank

Bigkrank LawnSite Member

Had 3 sets BFG A/T and One set BFG M/T. Went with Hankook DynaPro MT. Can't believe how quiet they are for an agressive tire.

Know a large fleet operater that will buy nothing but Hankook ATM and MT tires now and he's tried about everything.
  4. luis@NJ

luis@NJ LawnSite Senior Member

Bro that website looks good
  5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

General Grabber AT2 similar tread design as a BFG A/T but at 2/3 the price. Similar performance and road noise. I have had them on my wife's jeep for about 2 years, 25K miles and they are near the half way mark to being wornout. I don't know how well they do in mud but then are great for trail riding and snow.