Better than Double Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Apr 1, 2001.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

If double blades are twice as good as single blades. Then four blades per spindle would be 4 times as good ,right? It will take the mower a little longer to get to full speed. And a little longer to stop. You just need a longer blade bolt and a good supply of grease. It should sound like a C-130 taking off. This is the best April Fools joke that I can think of right now!
  2. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Well we can be sure that Bob remembered to set his clock forward, as it is obvious that he lost an hour of sleep. :)
  3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Hey, don't knock it till you try it! :D
  4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

So that would be two gator blades with fins up and two gator blades with fins down to keep clippings concentrated in the middle of the baffles correct????

5. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont get it maybe becaus im the youngest one hear 14 hahaha and u old farts are to advance for me have a good one
  6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I'll old fart you, and maybe fart on on you ya young whippersnapper!

What's not to get, put down the Nintendo and wake up! :D
  7. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

Just throw a grinding wheel of an industrial grinder on yur spindles and file those grass blades to a purty blunt end!

8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Heres the skinny:

When you install two blades for the double blade set up the fins or "tops" of the blades are facing the top of the mower deck.

If you were to install four. Are ya with me, 1..2..3..4.. Good glad your still here:)

Then, you would you turn the top two blades upside down so that the fins of these blades would be facing the grass.

My pun was (you do know that a pun is a play on words -yes, I hope so) that by installing the blades in this manner, that it would create an airflow into the center of the deck to grind up the clippings.

Point being that if the double blades installed correctly gives you lift into the air, that by reversing them at the top it would push them downwards and into the airflow at the middle.

Class D-I-S-M-I-S-S-E-D!!!!

does anyone hear VH on top of the world??? or is it just me -LOL

9. MikeGA

MikeGA LawnSite Member

Grinding wheel? How about try putting a circle saw blade down there? I have some circle saw blades that are about 21". HEHEHEHE
  10. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

youngin here again yea i didnt know what a pun was but thx for telling me and i think 4 blades would be stupid to do it would maess up the mower anyway im going to stick going over the yard twice just using 1 blade on each spindal