Better than you?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by twindiddy, Nov 20, 2005.

1. twindiddy

twindiddy LawnSite Member

We mowed a lady's lawn yesterday whose husband has been out of town for a while. When we arrived, the lawn looked immaculate. I was nervous it wouldn't look as well when we were done with it. It didn't look much different when we left. Striped it the opposite direction, edged it. That's about it.

You guys ever mow for customers who can do a better job than you?

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, I can't say that I have.

3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

No, my customers are customers for one reason, they do not want to cut their lawns. The one - two time folks I get (vacation people) usually keep their places neat in appearance but still nowhere near what we do.

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Iv'e had this happen. Usually it's large lawns that have been mowed with a 21" mower by the owner. I'm not fond of all the tire marks the 21"er leaves but they do follow contours and hills better. I'm not about to walk a big lawn, or even too many small ones.. So I have to exercize extreme caution when using the ZTR. Some I will even cut a bit higher just to minimize the chance of burring it too close if I encounter a lump in the lawn.

5. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

yeah i mow for an older gentleman and his yard is always green and everything is perfect. I started after he had a mild stroke. I got to talking to him one day and it turns out. he used to take care of the stadium in newyork for yankees.i could be wrong abought the team i dont follow baseball or football. IS THE BALL STILL BROWN. ANY way a person who can keep a stadium looking that good. Any stadium texas florida etc. knows his business and could probaly be better than i am