1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

better time to start

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green boy1, Jun 6, 2006.

1. green boy1

green boy1 LawnSite Member

Ok guy here we go.

Im preparing to re-start my business of maintenance for this next season.

Why re-start? because I was doing lawn care 7 years ago now im doing tile installation,good $$$ but my knees are killing :cry:, me so Im gona move from tile to lawn care again.

So my plan is to start next year but im wondering whish month u guys recomendt to start ( I think is march, but want to doble check, he he )

Well any ways Im gona be relocating to North Carolina this next month but want to start next year, so, what advice if any u guys have for me.

I just bought a new open trailer 6 x 12 just $853.00, I gona post some pics. later.

thats all for the moment.
  2. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

How about English class for one.
  3. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  4. JLeigh

JLeigh LawnSite Member

First post, but I had to comment. What is it with all the smart remarks around here? Someone posts a question asking for help, and all he gets is cr*p. I guess I'll do more reading than posting. ;)
  5. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you for thinking my comment was smart. I thought someone may not like it. To many times I am reading comments and questions and it is disturbing how much the language is butchered. I'm have a tough enough time with it myself, but atleast I try. I is easier to shortcut when typing but kids are starting to think it is acceptable in school to write like this. Also, it may be fine on here but if someone wants a succesfull business, they need to consider thier overall presentation. Just trying to help.
  6. JLeigh

JLeigh LawnSite Member

You have to try to understand this from a newb perspective...I have spent weeks soaking up the info in this forum (great forum btw!), but when you notice a high ratio of smart-aleck replies, it puts a person off from asking questions. No one wants to be made to feel like a jackass just because they asked a question. :rolleyes:
  7. Mrk'sLawn

Mrk'sLawn LawnSite Member

The way I see it.. This is a forum with a lot of professionals, with a lot a valuable advice. Why not, when your asking a question, speak like your a professional. It is a little sad to see all this misspelled words and bad English when you have the tools right in front of you... When I post I always use the spell check. I just think more people should give it a try. I think if you act like a pro you will be treated like a pro. Dat just my 2 cent. Ya git it know?:rolleyes:
  8. green boy1

green boy1 LawnSite Member

Well im not a teacher on English so sorry about the language and I gonna try the spelling check so I don do so many errors.

But the thing is that like JLEIGH said there's to many smart asses here and I just look for the professionals that can give some good advise so in the future please if any one in here don't have nothing important to replay don't replay. :nono:

And the questions is on the air.
  9. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Good buy, about $1100 is the best you can do here on a 6 x 12. But everybody is buying trailers to get materials to their house to repair it.
  10. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Well, if you are going to criticize someone or anyone on this forum (or anywhere else in life) you should make sure that you have the right to do so. From your post above, and the text therein, I'm not sure you should be so quick to pull the trigger. Let's see...

1. "I thought someone may not like it."..... It should be.... "I thought someone might not like it." - INCORRECT USE OF VOICE

2. "I'm have a tough enough time with it myself, but atleast I try."..... It should be..... "I'm HAVING" or "I HAVE"....improper use of a contraction. AND, "atleast" is two words, not one....should be "at least"....

3. "I is easier to shortcut when typing but kids are thinking it is acceptable in school to write like this."..... it should be.... "It is easier to take shortcuts when typing, but kids think it is acceptable to write like this in school." YOU FORGOT THE "T" IN "IT", THERE SHOULD BE A COMMA AFTER "TYPING" AND YOU ENDED THE SENTENCE INCORRECTLY, WHICH I FIXED FOR YOU.

4. In your next to last sentence you spelled the words "THEIR" and "SUCCESSFUL" incorrectly.... "E" BEFORE "I" RULE.... and THERE are TWO "C'S" AND TWO "S'S" AND ONLY ONE "L" in the word SUCCESSFUL

Still think you should be making sarcastic comments about spelling, grammar, etc....?