bettervalvelocator

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by sprinklertech, Jun 3, 2008.

1. sprinklertech

sprinklertech LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever heard and used the pro-tech 700 wire and valve locator. If so, I was hoping you could give some input. I was laid off from a company I had been with for 8 years building their irrigation division. I don't think I want to work for someone again. I have a couple jobs lined up and 1 consist of the need for a wire tracker.

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Link?......

3. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

4. Mike Leary

Let's not revisit that one, you guys had enough fun with him a while ago.:laugh:

5. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

But I'm serious - I googled "Pro Tech Valve Locator" and that's what I found...

Follow the link and you'll see...

6. Mike Leary

I'm afraid I'll smash my laptop if I follow it. ::::keeps trusty 521::::

7. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Link???? :rolleyes:

8. Mike Leary

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

9. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't think Boofoot is behind it... he's just a distributoras far as i can tell.

The guy's name was... Bruce Nelson. And they recently changed the name from Pro-Tech Equipment to Armada, and came out with the 700 to replace the 600, and moved from Arizona to Michigan...

It kinda sucks because my 600 was purchased only about a month ago, and they didn't tell me they were changing it... though it's up to a hundred bucks more now.

Do a search on "Armada Technologies Pro-700 Irrigation Pipe Wire Cable Locator" and you can find one for or so $569 at various online sources. Boofoot wants $599 for it.

10. Mike Leary

What's the diff?