1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Between these two and only two

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BobCat#1, May 8, 2007.

Which is the better mower between these two

Poll closed May 23, 2007.
  1. Cub Cadet Enforcer 48''

2. Bobcat Fastcat 48''

1. BobCat#1

BobCat#1 LawnSite Member

Which is the better mower.Cub Cadet Enforcer 48'' or the Bobcat Fastcat 48''
  2. violatorjf

violatorjf LawnSite Member

Bob Cat > Cub Cadet
  3. BobCat#1

BobCat#1 LawnSite Member

the votes a coming!Thanks
  4. BobCat#1

BobCat#1 LawnSite Member

more votes please!Thanks
  5. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, that's a tough call! I mean they're both pretty equal in specs. Same trannies and tire diameters (CC has wider tires). The CC has a couple more ponies and consequently about 2 more ft/lb of torque, plus holds a little more fuel.

But the BC has a slightly heavier made deck, and if mostly commercial use by multiple operators is the intended use, you might place more weight on this when deciding. Then again, it is a question of about 0.02" difference (11 gauge vs 10 gauge). Granted parts of the BC deck are double thickness and they use a 7 gauge reinforcement in places. Is this enough to make a huge difference in longevity? I couldn't get on the Cub Commercial site this morning so I was olny looking a picture on a local dealer's site, but it appears that CC also reinforces the leading edge of the deck.

However, if the CC's deck is merely a lighter version of the Tank deck, it should, according to all I've heard, be a winner, both in variety of grasses it can cut and in quality of cut. On the other hand, BC makes good stuff with a long history of successes, and from what I've been able gather, is perfectly able to cut a variety of grasses under a variety of conditions.

Also depends on if you're a diehard greaser: BC has double-sealed, while CC uses greasable rollers. I was raised on greasable bearings (former farm boy), but sealed bearings have come a long way both in the seals and the materials used. When's the last time you had greasable car wheel bearings?

I may just come down to which color(s) and/or dealer you prefer.

If you don't mind my asking, what prices were you given?
  6. BobCat#1

BobCat#1 LawnSite Member

cc is 4999.00 and fast cat 4600.00
  7. superclyde007

superclyde007 LawnSite Member
    from IN

Dealer told me that the Enforcer 48" has a price of $4699 through the end of May.
  8. BobCat#1

BobCat#1 LawnSite Member

I'm getting one of these mowers and i want to know which i should get.Thanks
  9. BobCat#1

BobCat#1 LawnSite Member

Votes or commits?Thanks again
  10. BobCat#1

BobCat#1 LawnSite Member

Saturday bump,any more votes?