1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Beware Of This!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WJW Lawn, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Whenever a guy tells you he is a "honest christian man"...more than likely he's a D*** with ears. Guy tells me tonight that he's a "honest christian man" and then proceeds to tell me he didnt like the weeding and pruning job I did for him...so he isnt going to pay me. So...I say "Well sir...if you arent happy with something allow me to fix it--because you shouldn't pay for something you don't like" He says....no I dont want you to fix it and I wont pay. Then he tells me he doesnt think I really cut his grass all 5 times since he signed up. When I told him he had an invoice for each single time I cut...he started moonwalking like Micheal Jackson. So...I tell him "You may not pay me now...but you will pay me"

THE LESSON---When dealing with an "honest christian man" Just know that he has screwed someone before you...and will screw you too. :hammerhead:
  2. mowahman

mowahman LawnSite Member

Been there...done that. HAD 2 churches and a non profit....biggest PITAs, slowest payers, most frequent B*%#@ers EVER!!!!!!!! Also, went to the areas finest Catholic schools and was "taught" by the biggest bunch of hypercrits I ever met... Now, I avoid any church or "honest Christian" I get calls from. Ever wonder why they are so "honest"?? Boy, can't wait to see the looks on their faces at the Pearly Gates when they bring up the whole "you jipped the lawn guy" thing and open the gates to Hades. HA HA HA !!!!!!!!
  3. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Dude...this guy was so full of it....it was running from his ears!!! Said I was scamming him....but he hasn't paid in 2 months..lol Never seen a penny from the "honest christian" but I'm scamming him! HILARIOUS! He will however enjoy the letter from my lawyer.
  4. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I had opposite experience. I had huge church/school I blew the bid, it was way too high $400 for about 5 hours work cleaning windows. Every 4 months or so... but they did try and get me to volunteer to do the main floor windows, lol.
  5. Harry0

Harry0 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I am an "Honest Christian Guy" though this is the first time I have used this term to describe myself. I have been doing business with Christians for many years now. I can say that all was not perfect, but neither are we. True Christians should be totally honest 100% of the time. But they/we are not, I am very thankful our God is a forgiving God.
    I understand where you are coming from being turned off by Christians by this guy. But we are not all like that. I would try not to stereotype though I have too in the past. When you get burned a few times by a people of a certain religion, color or nationality its tough not to. Hope you get paid and this guy sees the error of his ways.
  6. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

How do we know he is a Christian ??? :confused:

Every crooked conman tells his victims he is an honest guy. :D
  7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Harry, I think you make the point of this thread. This guy claims to be a Chirstian, and has to tell people that, and obviously isnt. People will tell you they are just to make themselves look good. A truly good person wont have to tell you how wonderful they are.
  8. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

WELL SAID.(above) I too am a Christian. I always cringe when someone says that and then goes back on their word and will not pay. I am sorry that had to happen to you and I too hope you get paid. It is frustrating to be stereotyped but thats what happens from time to time. The sad thing in todays world is everybody says they are a christian but not everyone is. Jeff
  9. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

this is a very true statement. i am also very wary of people claiming to be christian. i bought a truck from a baptist preacher when i was 17 years old. he knew that i was going to pull a boat with that truck and was telling me how great the truck was. since he was a preacher i believed everything he told me and did not test drive the truck. i barely got the truck home. it would not pull itself much less anything else. i did learn a lesson though. dont get me wrong, there are some very good christian people out there but in my experience it seems to be about 50/50....
  10. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

Me and my partner went to give a lutherland priest a estimate on bush trimming. First thing he says to us is you may not know but im a lutherland priest. We ended up quoting him at 200 and lets say he said i had a guy willing to do it for 60. I was half tempted to say well see if that guys still in buisness.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.