Beware VistaPrint extra charges scam

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Greg78, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Just checking my account online and I noticed a charge for $14.95 from VPCLUBUS 888-243-6185. When I looked it up online it is from VistaPrint.com and is a monthly fee for being in the VP Rewards program. I never signed up for this or approved it in any way. I never received an email stating I was in this program. Apparently you are automatically enrolled in this program if you get the free business cards. I have gotten them 3 times over the past year and this is the first time I have been charged. I have to wait until Monday to talk to a real person to get this resolved.

While checking it out online I found some people that didn't notice the charges and it had been going on for 15 months on their account.

Just a heads up for anyone that does business with VistaPrint.com

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yep, you're not the first person that this unfortunately has happened to. I have read about it posted here before. Hope you get things resolved quickly.

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

yea they got me like this about 2 yrs ago. just call them and they will gladly refund your money.

Like you I didn't notice it for about 3 to 4 months, then had to investigate who it was taking money from my account.

but it's no biggie, they will refund it.

4. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

this is becuase you sign up for a service and did not click on the no thank you button.

5. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I don't think so. I read everything very close. If I had signed up for a service why didn't I get a confirmation email like everything else on the net?

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Like you, I dont think I had the option. this is why they happly returned my money. If I had the option to NOT take it, then there would be some issues of a refund....

7. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

You should have to opt IN.. pure scam.

8. vincet

vincet LawnSite Member

Hi guys,
    I have exactly the problem. I called them at 888-243-6185. Talked to a unfriendly & unpolite woman. She said she not going to give all my money back. What should I do about this scam. I don't why this scam still around.

9. mikey.hill

mikey.hill LawnSite Member

Call your CC company and have them reverse the charges. If vistaprint tries to dispute it file a police report for fraud and notify your CC company. They will investigate and contact the CC processor. However, they are a company based out of Bermuda and it clearly states that their CC processor is based in Bermuda as well. I'm not too sure on international transactions like this but I do know if a big US company like Visa or MC doesn't like the ACH activity coming from a CC processor they can pull their license real fast. This scam has been going on for a while so they're def. doing something fishy IMO.