1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

BHB/FSM has wheels!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by FrankenScagMachines, Jun 18, 2003.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

And get my license in 8 days! The truck is 100% paid for (by me).
    I think it will look real sharp when I can afford to have it lettered (looks good now IMO). It was recently painted and re-upholstered (vinyl).

1990 Ford F250
    351 V8 gas
    5 speed manual
    2 wheel drive
    8' bed regular cab dual gas tanks
    plain jane no options except rear sliding window.
    has a new bedliner (bed and tailgate in like new shape)
    184,000 miles

F irst
    O n
    R ace
    D ay

What does the peanut gallery have to say about it? I'll get a pic tomorrow maybe of it hooked to the trailer with all the goodies in one shot :)

truck2.jpg

2. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Sorry the camera lense was filthy from sitting in the garage (I know, a no-no :eek: )
    It looks really good in person :) no rust anywhere. I just washed it :)

Not terribly bad for a first vehicle?

truck.jpg

3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Interior needs cleaned but is in good shape.

truck5.jpg

4. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Yes, it's EFI.

truck4.jpg

5. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice rig Frank'nBush! Truck looks better than mine.

Good luck with your test and your projects

6. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Not bad!!!

I like it.

7. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Cos, I saw the post with the pic of your nose damage, what happened? Hope you're OK.
    Toroguy, I feel confident about the test :) I only missed one on the written and that was a dumb one I wasn't thinking or something LOL. I'm going to use our 12 pass. Ford van for the driving test unless I'm used to the truck enough by then, because I'm most used to the van. I hate cars, you can't see out of them and they don't have mirrors! LOL

8. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

C'mon Frankn, with your injenuity, just weld a couple of Mack truck mirrors on Sis's Taurus!

Im sure you'll do fine.

9. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Well we did have a '97 Plymouth Breeze but it got totaled. The other option is a '84 Mercury Cougar rust bucket that my dad uses to drive to work... not using it because the steering is way sloppy and the transmission jerks the car when you put it in gear and some of the interior's falling apart LOL but he likes it. The mirrors on this truck are gonna get replaced very soon with some big ones like on our van, I like them with a set of small spot mirrors in the corner, very nice with the trailer.

10. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

keep both hands on the wheel and do not speed :D

i failed my drivers test the first time cause i was speeding, i was so busy trying to do all the stupid stuff like stay in the right lane ... :rolleyes: and keep my hands on the wheel that i forgot to watch my speed. They guy said to me, "i can see you really know how to handle a vehicle, but you've got a slight speeding problem" it was game over from that point.

Good luck with the truck and drivers test.