1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bi-monthly grass service

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Initial REO Service, May 20, 2007.

1. Initial REO Service

Initial REO Service LawnSite Member

was wondering what suggestions others may have for heavy duty equip that would be more suited to do the Bi monthly srvice on the bank owned property I work on.

The grass is usually very tall and thick. making it very difficult evan on the best equipment.

Also looking for insight on better ways of knocking down the jungles I come upon every summer at the end of July.*trucewhiteflag*

2. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

I thought Swisher made a bush trail cutter. It's a pull type. We bought their 50" pull finish mower and it works great.

Give them a try. :)
  3. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

rent tractor and bush hog and hammer it out in no time.
  4. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Buy a DR.Field it is arguably the finest brush and long grass cutter made on the planet, their made in the USA and built to the extreme. go to this web address and check them out.

it will pay for itself in less than a year. if you offer brush cutting and lot clearing with the machine.

it can take down a 3 1/2 to 4 inch trees and spit out chips and cut 12 foot high grass

5. Initial REO Service

No all that practicle to use on an overgrown lot in the city.
    I have done lots that the vegitation was as high as the house. I don't think there is any piece of equipment designed for this type of abuse. Never hurts to ask of other's expierences.
  6. Initial REO Service

I had been leaning towards using a sickle bar type mower for these lots to lay the grass and weeds over.
    The sad part is these lots only get worse and worse aftre being vacant / neglected all spring and summer, they are a real treat in the august heat!