bi - weekly customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A Simple Cut, May 24, 2005.

1. A Simple Cut

A Simple Cut LawnSite Member

Do you guys take them. Right know I have 4 and they're not worth my time. But they signed a contract and I agreed to it. How would you handle this?
  2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

is there a clause in the contract that you can use to get of last year I no longer do anything but weeklys...

3. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Make them worth the time. It is a nitch that most overlook. I assure the customer that it will not look its best. I might double cut the front, but I find that most people are in a jam, have been turned down by others, and either hire me or do it themselves.
  4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I hoped to get rid of all my bi-weekly accounts this year, which I did, except I picked up one more. I took it on because its real close to a couple of my other accounts. Heres the trick, before I gave an estimate, I said, "you want to be on a weekly schedule, right?" When he informed me he wanted everyother week what would have been a $25 cut instantly went to $35, to make it worth my while, and for dealing with the exceptionally high grass. Of couse I didn't tell him any of this. Just a little stradagy I'm going to start using.
  5. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

I have a couple.. as long as I can fit them in the schedule I will keep them.. Once its filled by a weekly customer I will drop them...
  6. Cutter lawns

Cutter lawns LawnSite Member

I can cut you every other week but I'll have to double your price.
  7. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

actually in the spring and fall I will not do bi weekly... grass grows to much.... only in the summer months I will cut these few customers bi weekly....
  8. kpyoung

kpyoung LawnSite Member

I think it all depends on how full your schedule is. If you need additional work, then take the bi-weekly jobs BUT charge accordingly. If your schedule is already tight with good paying customers, then pass on them.
  9. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

It depends on the type of turf you are dealing with. If the yard kinda grows slow and does not get thick and cuts like a weekly, then, yeah, why not add them to the schedule. By the way, always say something like "I will see how it does". This way you won't get hung with a yard that is a pain to cut.Also, if you bump these around alternating and mixing with your weeklies, your schedule will stay the same.
  10. Wil22

Wil22 LawnSite Member

I have bi-weeklys that can't understand the importance of weekly visits, but will pay for aerating, leaf clean ups and landscaping projects. They will sign my contracts to be paid on a monthly service and they still pay me cash on each visit.

Some of my bi-weekly's pay me more than my weekly's because of all the other work they want done.