Bi-weekly customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Davis Lawn Mowing LLC., Apr 1, 2004.

1. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

I received word back from my first ever estimate today that the woman cant afford my service each week and if I would be interested in coming every other week. Her quote was $25 per week and I told her every other week leaves a hole in my route one week and an extra spot the other week. I mentioned that cutting every other week would bump up the price since especially in the Spring it would require at least two passes over the yard and hell even into a good part of June and maybe early July. Hell, I have not mowed my folks property at two week stretches before in the summer while we were on vacation and come back to see the yard is like a jungle. I did not want to stick with a $25 estimate for bi-weekly since it really would be doing two mowings for $12.50 since it really would need a double cut each time.

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I had about 12 bi-weekly customers and I always explained to them that the price ends up being more that way. I have not had a problem yet.

Example: Every week price $25.00 x 4 = $100.00

Example: Bi-weekly price $40.00 x 2 = $80.00

So for $20.00 more they can get 2 more cuts, most of my customers then opt for the weekly program, and the ones that don't I still take their lawn every two weeks, because here in Rhode Island after about mid July cutting every two weeks is common and I'm already getting the higher price. So I really don't lose out, April & May are only the tough months.

3. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds good to me!

4. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

Sometimes I kind of like small bi-weekly. The three i have are 30-35/cut. and i am done in 20 minutes or less

5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what i used to think, until last season when it rained a lot more than usual. The two-weekers were a real PITA, almost all season.

Instead of "charging more" I'm wording it differently. I give a price, the higher one, then "discount" it for months when it is mowed weekly. That way, the price is not "raised", they lose the discount when mowing becomes infrequent.

Crawdad

6. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I will always take Bi-weekly, and I even take call ups, because if you do a good enough job this year, next year they may want every week. Also it is a good way to get your name spread. Word of mouth has worked best for me so far, and every customer is bound to tell someone. Just my two cents

Trevor

7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

The only option on our agreements is 7 days. Too hard on equipment,scheduling conflicts, rain days, etc...with bi-weekly or 10 day cuts.JMO..:D

8. larz

larz LawnSite Member

Its bi monthly, illiterates!

9. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

jeezeus. i wish i could do bi weeklys and have 8-10 cuts per house a month. lol but noone will fall for that. some ask for bi-monthly but when i tell them the price, the opt for every week or drop me.... fine with me, im not wasting time and money to cut twice a month for a penny pincher!

10. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Biweekly means every other week. Semimonthly means twice a month. They are the same thing.

Bimonthly would be every other month.

Illiterate