Bi-Weekly Mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jim1504, May 26, 2005.

1. jim1504

jim1504 LawnSite Member
    from tx

I've heard of bi-monthly mowing services (twice per month) but not very often bi-weekly (8 times per month). My brother has told me that he's getting a lot of fliers on his door for $25 per week mowings or $30 for twice a week mowings. Anyone find this profitable?

2. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

my contract says we mow weekly. so, that's it weekly. if a customer wants mowing's every other week then i charge double plus a gas surcharge on top of that. my contract also says weekly mowing's during the growing part of the season. so in the middle of summer i may only mow every 2 weeks. do not let customers dictate how you run your business.

3. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

Bi-weekly means every other week, like getting your paycheck "bi-weekly".

4. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I try not to do any bi-weekly but always end up taking one on if they pay and its worth it to me. Alot of elderly live here and they SAY they do not have the income to pay for a weekly service. :waving:

5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

For just $5 over the price of a "normal" weekly service? That doesn't sound very profitable. Even Here in Houston, where we get a pretty good bit of annual rainfall, If most proreties aren't irrigated, in the hotest peak of Summer, they'll start looking weak.. Unless the place is being over fertilized, Most places won't need mowing that frequently.

However, if the lawn really does need to be cut twice a week, and only if the customer really wanted it, I'd charge accordingly.. Like almost double.

6. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Actually bi-weekly can mean either twice a month or twice a week. And that is where a lot of confusion comes into play.

Many on here have gone to calling it every other week mowing for just that reason.

7. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

Man you guys are funny its not letting them dictate as you say its giving the costumer what they want if they want this give it to them some of i don't see how you get any work . You well I'm to good for that maybe thats why people look down on yous . They say to them selfs walking past i called him and he threw a fit because i wanted it done bi-weekly cry me a river . And when you are all out of work and wondering why you cant get any just think i shouldn't have told them 50 people that i wouldn't do bi-weekly.

8. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

Bi-weekly does not mean two times a week come on . bi-weekly mean every other so how do you get two times a week ???????? And why wouldn't you take them on . Lets see I'm sure you mow in that area right ? if so put them on the same day you would cut there and charge 5-10 bucks more . You wouldn't be driving out of the way unless you think well they want bi-weekly i have to put them on for a different day for the reason . It's like when you go to a store and they have a two pack on the little propane tanks for 5 bucks but you only want one and there 4.50 the store don't tell you you have to buy the two pack do they .

9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Biweekly is harder on the mowers, takes more fuel, and I don't want anyone seeing me mowing a hay field. First thing that comes to onlookers mind is that guy is hard up for work or he isn't reliable enough to mow every week. They don't know that the customer is just cheap and only wants it mowed every other week. Then you get the ones who fertilize and want their lawn cut every other week. :rolleyes: I'm a lawncare company and I like to do things the way they should be done. I like customers who actually care about their lawn.

10. dhess

dhess LawnSite Member

we just like the customers that show us the money...

weekly...fine...
    bi-weekly..fine..
    monthly..fine..

as long as they sign on the dotted ________________.