1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bi-Weekly Mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MDLawnman, Jul 9, 2006.

1. MDLawnman

MDLawnman LawnSite Member

What does your company do with Bi-weekly contracts? Do you charge more because it's bi-weekly?
    The grass is higher, it takes longer to cut - yadayada.
    The weather here of late has been perfect for growing lawns. However I have one customer who calls and says that her grass did not grow this week - don't mow. I drive by her house and it's eight inches high and growing. She won't say that she wants her grass cut every other week, she just waits until it's really high.

Let me guess - drop her right? :hammerhead:
  2. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

dont you mean bi monthly?
  3. MWHC

MWHC LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

We don't take bi-weekly accounts. Do you have time or money for gas to do a "drive by"? There are better customers out there. Go after them. The way we see it, if they don't want weekly mowing we can go make money doing something else. A mowing service is a luxury, go after customers that can afford you.
  4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

If you stay with her don't blow any grass clippings off the lawn or any extra work. If she wants it done charge her double. Thats what we do!!!
  5. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

We charge $5 more per cut for our bi-weekly accounts.
  6. RyanD

RyanD LawnSite Member

What is the negative about mowing bi weekly accounts? I have a commercial account that insist on a bi-weekly schedule. They even have it fertilized! I go over it once except for in the front area (high visibility) where I double or triple cut if necessary. I get paid for it. Takes me an hour. I charge $82. There are no drive by's. It gets done every two weeks until November.
  7. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Bi-Monthly clients are 90% PITAS. This is my experience. Scheduling is a pain, the grass is always overgrown and the reflection on your company is never as good as when you pull in front of a nice lawn to make it "nicer".
  8. RyanD

RyanD LawnSite Member

I will give you that much. Scheduling is a pain, especially if you have a few.
  9. 308

308 LawnSite Member

Most accounts I mow only want it done once a month, I would kill to have get to cut my accounts twice a month. Joey S
  10. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

Run away from the job. its brutal. Especially if your 36 cant get through the gate :hammerhead: