bi weelky surcharge

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

what do you all charge as a surchage for a bi-weekly cut?

2. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Are we talking non irrigated st. aug or bahia. Getting the right price is hard considering those requesting bi-weekly are either pita or just too cheap and the yard is a butcher job anyway. In theory I quote $49 for a normal $30 job and then tell them why going to a monthly agreement would be in their best interest. That way I dictate how things are done and still gives them a choice based on my conditions of service. It's my way with total choice from the customer. I inform , you choose, we sign, we cash check, your happy, were happy. Good Luck!!

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Most bi-weekly customers are trying to save money ....so charging them more could be a problem. With all the big equipment with high hp we don't really care any longer if they have it done weekly or bi-weekly. There is a big business in bi-weekly. Our yards are around 10K so double cut is not problem.

4. Frontier-Lawn

for a 75'x62' property i add $5 for st augustine & for bahia $10. base price for weekly is $25

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Double the amount of the weekly charge. We don't do bi-weekly, it's just not profitable. :)

6. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

50% extra.

I also no longer do 10 day cuts.

They screw up a schedule.

7. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

yes, but which mower are you basing your prices on. 21" or 42" makes a big dif.

8. Frontier-Lawn

9. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Enough to compensate for the time lost double cutting 10 inch grass. I don't care how much i'm getting paid, I wont leave untill it looks good. I've started to tell my bi's, ''The bitterness of poor quality lingers far longer than the sweetness of low price.''

10. Hank Reardon

Hank Reardon LawnSite Senior Member

Same, except I never would even consider a 10-day. Even bi-weekly cuts create a scheduling hassle (must have another bi-weekly on the off week that fits into the route, etc). The scheduling plus the taller grass constitute an upcharge. I could care less if they are trying to save money. If price is an issue, they need to do it themselves or call the neighbor kid.