1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

bid a commercial job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

I am just doing simple maintenance on several now. What do I do to give a bid on these new places. I do almost all residential now. Give the property manager a call and during the conversation ask what kind of services they will be needing, and go from there. Give a full price for all the servies to be preformed... like in a package deal for the year?

I don't know, the last one I did I gave estimates for mowing,, and then 1 for fertilizing and one for mulch?

What do you guys do?
  2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Ask them what they want, include those services in the contract and then have a clause in there stating any other work requested will be billed apropiately
  3. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

most of these halfwit property managers list pages of specifications......unfortunately
    you bid per spec and you drive by later in the year and nothing is done per spec.

Had one where it was 300 yards+ of mulch but per specs mulch must be bagged. Sure enough a blower truck was blowing it!.
    All over the condo's too.