bid advice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cclllc, Aug 31, 2001.

1. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

I need some advice on bidding a hotel.the manager at a Hamton Inn called me wanting a bid on lawncare.Should I give him 2 bids-one at a per cut price or one for total service(monthly)?I prefer the latter.They have alot of shrubs to trim also.How should I bid them also?He said I could bid the mulching separate.Thanks.

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Usually when we are dealing with these type of Corps they will have a spec sheet as to how they want their properties to be maintained.

These specs usually come from Corporate. I would see if they have a bid/spec sheet. This may help you out.

I would think that because they have an operating budget to meet that they are looking for monthly expenses. As for the shrubs what types of specimens/sizes are in question here???

Kris

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Usually they know what they want and tell you what to price for.

I would break down a monthly cost for everything so they can "build" a package from what you put down. A complete price may turn them off to you if they haven't gotten good service in the past and think it may not be worth it.

This is if you can't get specs from them.

Monthly mowing(includes trimming and blowing) $400
    Edging all walks $75
    trimming / weeding shrubs and beds $100
    etc
    etc

Then they can "custom" make a package to fit there budget and needs.

You would think a hotel would pride itself on its appearance, but this is not always the case.

Good Luck, and check back with us with an update!