Bid and Destroy

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Oct 19, 2012.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

TSS what do you do in the winter? just curious

2. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Price jobs for the upcoming year , sleep, and snowmobile lol. And sometimes do the odd job or maintain equipment.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I've kinda done a combination of what stuve and TSS said.. (excuse me for not remembering names)

I havent really pushed my business, but I call a few commercial and government contacts I've got every once in a while.. Even if it is just to chat, it keeps you fresh in there mind.

But I dont have enough money or a large enough company to really pursue those big jobs and those guys know that. But they still slide some things to me every once in a while and hopefully the more I do the more I'll grow and be able to tackle larger jobs.. I havent really pushed my business as best as I could yet though.. The money just isnt there and I am just not comfortable doing that yet. I let my work speak for itself and let customers just refer me.. Seems to be working out pretty well other than the past week I've had nothing to do. :laugh:

4. bobcatexc

bobcatexc LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

Junior I didn't realize you'd bought a machine and had gone out on your own. Is this a full time thing or you still working for another contractor. What year bobcat 773 did you get, I had a 773G not a bad machine.

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I am trying to get completely full time but right now I don't have enough work to keep me busy every day of the week..like last week I had nothing Wednesday and Thursday.

so when I've got an off day I'll go work for the pool company by the hour just to keep some money coming in..

Oh yeah. My 773g is a 2000. Bought it with around 1500, just rolled over 1600 last week. Been a good machine so far! Something bigger with tracks is definitely needed though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

what kind of stuff are you doing Jr.?