Bid For County Work

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRO CARE LAWN MAINT., Apr 29, 2004.

1. PRO CARE LAWN MAINT.

PRO CARE LAWN MAINT. LawnSite Member

HAD A PHONE CALL, THE COUNTY I LIVE IN IS TAKING BIDS TO KEEP 12 PROPERTIES MOWED, WEED EAT, EDGED, BLOWN, THEY DONT WANT A SINGLE PRICE, BUT A PRICE FOR EACH IND. SIZE THEY HAVE LISTED, HAS ANYONE RAN INTO THIS AND IF SO, IS IT WORTH IT.
    STEVE

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

FIRST OFF TURN OFF THE FREAKING CAPS!!!!

second, county/municipal work always goes to the lowest bidder. better be ready to make a little more than minimum wage if you want to be in the ballpark of the other bids.

3. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

Been doing it long?

Maybe this one you should pass on.....

4. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

It will go to the lowest bidder who is qualified. You will have to have insurance, references, experience, financial records, etc.
    It is worth it to at least get the experience of bidding.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

minimum wage here is about $50-70 an hour.

6. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I bid on some city work here. WHAT A FREAKIN' JOKE. Part of it included trimming of 150 bushes. Winning bidder bid it at $8 a FREAKIN' HOUR for bush trimming. Mowing was $16 per property. Then you have to wait 2 months to get paid. NOT WORTH WASTING YOUR TIME, but maybe you will learn something. What I learned is Don't Waste My Time Bidding CIty/Cty stuff.

I don't know about you, but I'd want WAY MORE then $8 to trim bushes. Like 10 TIMES MORE!

Mike