Bid For Mowing (pics)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GravelyGuy, Mar 27, 2008.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Well I was kind of hoping this day would never come. I maintain 2 lawns on this court and I always wanted to stay away from this one.

I was doing a spring cleanup for this ladies neighbor and she approached me. She is dropping the last guy because he got his ZTR stuck in the pond:hammerhead:

She wants full service: mow, fert, mulch, shrub trimming, etc. and she is very meticulous.

Sorry about the crappy angles in the pics. facing the house(driveway on left side of house) there is a small hill on the left which leads over to a small wooden bridge over a stream. There is a small maybe 2,000 sq ft. area on the other side of the bridge that will need to be push mowed. The area on the front side of the pond will also need to be push mowed so I don't get stuck like the last guy lol. The property does not extend to the other side of the pond. I would only need to cut along the pond side closest to the house. There really isn't that much grass, but the pond, hill, bridge etc. make the property suck.

How much would you charge for mowing? I will measure it real quick online and post the square footage in a second. Keep in mind this will the third lawn on the court.

Check out the pics.

Thanks...

2008 Estimaes 043.jpg

2008 Estimaes 044.jpg

2008 Estimaes 046.jpg

2008 Estimaes 047.jpg

2008 Estimaes 042.jpg

2. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

A few more...

2008 Estimaes 040.jpg

2008 Estimaes 041.jpg

3. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Sorry, double post

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I wouldnt do it myself. I refuse to push mow anything. We dont even own a push mower. But if I HAD to bid that for cutting I am thinking $35 but thats just by looking at the pictures. If your leaning toward not wanting to do it then bid higher than you normaly would. If you get it then you feel like it is worth doing. If not then no sweat of your back.

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

ProStreet - If you're going to cut that for $35, move up to MN. I'll get you all the work you want like that for $45 and I won't have to work anymore.

I'd be $60-65, or $300 per month to do the mowing, fert, and chemicals.

6. AWR

AWR LawnSite Member

Here In Jerseyatleast An $85 Cut..maybe $110 Fert

7. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

:dizzy:$35.00?????:dizzy:

8. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

The lawn right next doors is 13,000 sq ft. and completely flat. I have it at
    $37. I know the pictures don't really do it any justice.

How much for just the mowing LwnmwrMan22? Once I measure I'll give you my price.

I haven't had the chance to measure it because I just had a customer call me at 8:45 and talk to me for thirty minutes about her cataract surgery:laugh: We talked for about 60 seconds about the lawn.

9. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Gravley, What area on Indiana are you in...

10. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I would second that $300 because of the chemicals and mulch and even then I don't know if that will be quite enough if gas and fert prices keep rising the way they are.

Your time spent just to get those hedges back looking decent and getting the mulch back into shape will not be cheap.

Good luck on this one....