Bid for trimming shrubs

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by globil, Mar 30, 2007.

1. globil

globil LawnSite Member

I've recently been contacted by one of our local hotels to bid on trimming all the shrubbery on their grounds. Evidently the lawn person only wants to mow blow & go and wants nothing to do with plants or beds. There are 266 shrubs, mostly globe shaped ewes approx 3'x3', 46 upright ewes 3'-5' tall x 4' wide, and 22 large low growing Junipers that will only require trimming where they obstruct pavement areas. Can anyone help me out with a method to bid this work. I respect and appreciate all the advice given on this site, it is a great resource.

2. xpnd

xpnd LawnSite Senior Member

$90.00/hour, 2 men, 1 hour minimum.

3. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate trimming, but 90 per hour for 2 men sounds fair, sell them on a growth regulator, you'll both love it.

4. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

$90.00 per hour ,for 2 men is the going price here

5. globil

globil LawnSite Member

Thanks, but you have misunderstood my question. The hotel wants a price for the whole job, not a per hour price. I was planning on charging the hourly rate you guys have suggested, but I need to know how to figure how many hours it will take to do the job. Unless these jobs aren't typically bid that way.

6. casco73

casco73 LawnSite Member

you would have to estimate how long you would take to trim them. are you experienced? are you doing the job yourself? how many laborers? take all these factors and use them to estimate. 266 shrubs is a good amount to trim in one day i would suggest at least 2 men on trimmers and atleast two men on clean up if your a decent on a trimmer mabe 1.5 to 2 day if not good luck cause it going to take some time to do