1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bid Headache

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rbruchwalski, Apr 10, 2003.

1. rbruchwalski

rbruchwalski LawnSite Member

:dizzy: I just got done looking at a possible customers property and am racking my brain over this bid. My estimate for all of the work that she wants done is going to be about $6000, then about $400-500 a week for maintenance. My dilema is that some of the work is probably more than I am equipped to do. So, I guess my question is, do I just write up the bid for the work that I can do, or do I consider possibly sub-contracting some of the work out. Help!!!!!! Thanks to All in Advance....
  2. fox

fox LawnSite Member
    from MN

i would look to sub the work out that you cannot do. the customer only wants to deal with one person. sub-contractors can make or break you, be sure their work is as good if not better than yours. in my yearly contracts, it states i may use sub-contractors at my discretion. too dry up here MN, need some rain, if you can believe that.
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What Fox said and Make sure they don't Do the same Work You Do They Might Take Your customer.