Bid help...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Poncho25, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

I have one client that wants an Est of removal of some plants, not really shrubs but they are pretty dense and thick...one area is about 10 feet long and about 6 feet wide with hight of about 6 feet, mostly some tropical plants nothing really that thick, but figure with 2 people I probably can clear that out in an hour or 2, then he has some flower bed areas around his pool, about 3ft by 2ft he wants cleard, and then a dorf palm, about 3ft in hight removed, and some other dieing plants. I took some pictures with my phone but they are to large to send to myself via e-mail to attach here... I figure with myself and a friend it would probably take us about 5 hours to get this all done, maybe a bit less, but 5 hours max.... no idea how to bid this...any help would be greatly appreciated!
    What I was thinking was charging 45 per hour + labor...how much should i charge for labor.... please advise!!!

Thanks!!

2. Poncho25

any advise on this please!

3. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

2 guys X 5 hours = 10 man hours

10 man hours X your hourly rate is your labor

add disposal fee

If your time estimate is accurate, my bid would be $550.....

4. Poncho25

Thanks so much Turf!!

5. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have a 4x4 truck? If so I'd def. plan on using it to pull them out. I did a lot of jobs this spring with my 4x4 2500HD and it worked great.

6. Poncho25

There's nothing there that's that rooted into the ground... besides, its in his backyard and there is no way to get access with a truck back there :) I am going to swing by his place tomorrow with my digital camara to get some shots and will post them here so you guys can get a good look at what I am looking at, and give me a general idea of how much time it will take 2 people to clear it.