1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bid Help

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lawnboy349, Mar 30, 2007.

1. lawnboy349

lawnboy349 LawnSite Member

have a lady who wants a bid for a spring clean-up. She just wants all the leaves and sticks removed. The lot is 15,335 square feet. What would you guys charge for this? Also she wants me to give her a bid on mowing. She was going to have me mow one area which is 3,591 sq. feet. Relatively easy just a few trees. What would you price for this area? Then the other area which is 11,744 sq. feet she wants done biweekly or monthly. No trees just a small hill at the end of the property but not much of a problem. What would you charge for this area for weekly service, bi weekly, and monthly. All answers are greatly appreciated. :)
  2. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

How many hours will it take you to clean-up? How many to mow? How many people will be doing this. With what equipment?
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I would charge regular price, unless the leaves have been there since they fell last year (in which case I likely wouldn't bid).
  4. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

Hey topsites Why wouldnt you bid if the leaves have been there all year? Just wondering. I agree with d&r how many hours do you think it will take? If you dont know then ask the customer to do it hourly that way no one gets the raw end of the deal.