1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bid Help...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Erdye, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Erdye

Erdye LawnSite Member

I have been offered to bid on a large mall complex. 24cuts/yr, two pruinnings, Spring/Fall Clean-up, plus bed matinence from April to October.

All Grass around outside of block, approx. 3-8' all the way around perimiter.
    Aprox. 800 shrubs.
    150 trees
    everything near the buildings is bed matinence(no garbage, weeds hand pulled, leaves).

(1)Spring Clean-Up $3400 (cleaning up all beds, and leaves, thatch)
    (24)I figured about $600/cut (includes cut, trim, blowing grass off sidewalks)
    (2)Prunning $3225 (all shrubs and trees)
    (1)Fall Clean-Up $3400
    (24)Bed Matinence $700/week
    Total for season = $41225.00 (7mnths) --> 5890.00/mnth

Know this seems high to me. Plus I hear through the grapevine (from a person that works there that it is around $1800 - $2000/mnth.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!
  2. Erdye

Erdye LawnSite Member

Pic of Property

Approx. 1600'x1000'

3. lawnproslawncare

lawnproslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Seems a little high to me.
    Have you tried getting last yrs quote?
  4. Not anywhere near Wisconsin, but your quote does seem very reasonable. Perhaps your service is especially high end, particularly for your bed maintenance. I do quite a lot of larger commercial properties including strip malls and you should expect $60-65 per acre ( I calculated roughly 36.75 acres based on your measurements) for those services. I always include an additional 20% in my calculations for spring and fall cleanups so 36.75 acres * $60/acre = $2200 per cut. 2200 + 20% = $2650 (fall and spring). $2200 * 22cuts =$48400 = 2cuts @ $2650=5300......= $53,700 total bid. If this were an opportunity to really increase your local impact and profit, I would go as low as $50/acre. I know prices are regional so maybe this perspective will help. Sounds like a pretty good contract to get. Good luck.
  5. lawnproslawncare

lawnproslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Okay. Sorry, I calculated the size way wrong then. Maybe if thats the acreage its close to the price.