1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bid help

Discussion in 'Sports Field Management' started by TimmayB4, Mar 14, 2009.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Correct, but with 2 hours per week to do it, I can go out and make $50 per hour for my own pocket. Yes I realize there are costs associated with that, and if I were to send my guys out to do it, then it wouldn't be worth it.

However, I can do it at 5 am, 12 noon, 5 pm or 9 pm, it doesn't matter as long as there's not a game in progress.

It's usually something I get up early to go do, stop at the gas station, get a doughnut, put on the radio and mow with the sunrise. The extra mowings I don't have to trim, just keep the grass playable, so it's just driving around at full speed, since the grass was just cut 2 or at most 3 days ago.

If you miss a small strip here or there, it's not even noticable.
  2. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Large sites here go for less than $20/acre. I bid more than that, and if I get it, great, if not, well, I'll let someone abuse their mowers for not much profit. A town that owns a total of 18 acres of land was just bid out, and the winning bid was $325/cut.
  3. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

are you saying I am not gonna make money on that $325? What did you bid?

haha jk. :hammerhead: