Bid help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rcslawncare, Mar 1, 2010.

1. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Besides, are you going to take someones "guess" at the size? Let me guess, you don't have a clue what to charge for a area that big and are hoping one of the guys on here will figure it out for you? Like I said, go measure the areas you need to mow, trim and blow and figure out what your..... gezz, you know what, never mind.

2. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

amen..........................

3. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

In another thread I mentioned GIS maps or county info. Here is a link to your county's webpage. If you have the address enter it in and it will give you acres. I just did a random address and it gave options with acres. This is very easy and if you are planning on being in the biz for a long time you better learn how to use it.

http://www.co.champaign.il.us/ccao/assessor.htm

Do some homework now!

4. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Dang, I am working on measuring it, I don't have a measuring wheel at the moment and would like to get it accurate. Its not a life or death thing, its just a question. Im only a part timer, so just wanted to know what something like this would take. Don't think you need to get all pissed off.

5. djagusch

from MN

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 LawnSite Member

The first one is 6.8 acres, and the second one is 11.31.

Boy, and I thought PS members had a bad attitude......:hammerhead:

7. rcslawncare

Thank you for the info, I will do some searching and find a total acreage for both properties, I was just playing around with it and seeing what something like this might take.

8. djagusch

from MN

Make sure you deduct parking lots, buildings etc. But it gives you a starting point.

You can also use the site to find out owners of properties you would want to bid.

9. rcslawncare

Awesome, thank you for the useful info!!

10. lalorslawncare

lalorslawncare LawnSite Member

type google area calculator in google search. they have an application that you click on all corners of the properties and it will tell the acreage inside. also has a measuring tool. I have checked it against some know sizes such as football fields and it is very accurate. I just measured a twelve acre park complex the other day spent two hours measuring driving and calculating it. checked it against what I got on google map and was within 1/4 acre not bad check it out