1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bid my first big job!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AllSeasonsAllReasons, Feb 22, 2001.

1. AllSeasonsAllReasons

AllSeasonsAllReasons LawnSite Member

Hey guys i am excited so i thought i would share the excitement!! I just bid my first big commercial job! The bid was 12000.00 for the season! Hope i get it!
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

3. rathomas

rathomas LawnSite Member

How did you go about bidding for that job...I'm in a situation where guy's now are bidding for next year's contracts. I don't even know how to approach the corporate clients, what did you do?
  4. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

Congrats...and good luck to you. I am waiting and hoping for a $14,000 Condo bid myself.
  5. AllSeasonsAllReasons

AllSeasonsAllReasons LawnSite Member

Well the first thing i did was find the bigger clients that I could handle!!!! Then I called them and explained who I was and asked if there property was up for bid this year! At first the manager i talked with said no!!! So i sent a letter thanking them for letting me introduce my company with all the info on my company also included!!! About a week later the owner called me and said he was not happy with current service and he would like to meet with me!! So i guess that goes to say never listen to the first person you talk with if there not the owner or even in charge of that department!!!
  6. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

Over the last few years, I have mainly dealt with the homeowners, but I went all out and bought a few large zt's and started bidding with the big boys, I just got word that I have obtained a 11,000 a year job and a 10,460 a year job,and I'm still waiting on another apartment complex that goes for 10,000 a year.........It's kinda scary and exciting at the same time. Just don't get in over your head, and you'll do just fine............Ohio Valley Lawn Services.......
  7. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

good luck & remember .....service,service, service ....only one thing worse than not having a large contract .....and that's losing one ......so treat them right & make sure you treat yourself also ;-)