Bid Not Awarded Due To Lack Of Expirience

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lawnservices, Sep 11, 2001.

1. lawnservices

lawnservices LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

After spending 20 plus man hours measuring a job and preparing a bid for a county library the architech calls and is down on the fact that we have not done a job of this dollar amount (under 100k) The job consists of 8 different librarys. The scope of the work includes plantings, mulching, and misc improvements. 7-12k per job site. We have done many small jobs of this size.

We are low bidder, backed up by a performance bond, and are capable of performing this job.

Any Ideas of how to persuade this individual. Is the next lowest bidder his brother?

I appreciate any help.
  2. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like there may be legal recourse on this one. If they are separate projects and in the realm of past performance and you are bonded I think they must give it to you. You gotta check but not here.
  3. Should be the decision of the contracting authority or business, not the architect. The architect should be out of it until inspections start.
  4. Foz

Foz LawnSite Member

If the libraries are public facilities, then as long as you are a responsible bidder (i.e. legitimate contractor with insurance, and bonding) then the project by law must go to you as "Low Bidder". If the facilities are privately owned, you are out of luck if the architect doesn't approve your company.
  5. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

It happens all the time. Depending on the power they give to the LA you can win or lose the job.

How close where the other bidders?