Bid on 13 acres

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Jul 16, 2000.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

What would you bid on a 13.8 lot. Its flat and rectangular is shape, with NO weedeating and no blowing. There are no obsticles at all. Keep in mind I'd be using 2-61" Grasshoppers.

2. Depending on travel this is 5-6 man hours<br>door to door if the grasshoppers can mow 3 acres per hour. So take labor and equipment costs for 6 hours then add desired gross profit margin to obtain a selling price.

3. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe my math is wrong but, I have it where each mower at 80% eff. at about 6 mph can mow 3 acres per hour with a 61&quot; deck. With 2 mowers you have 6 acres per hour. Therefore your time is about 2.5 hours for mowing. So with two people that is about 5 to 6 man hrs. So maybe my math is right.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: LoneStarLawn

4. Doug406

Doug406 LawnSite Member

5. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

$350 minimum and thats if it is within 5 miles from my storage unit, doesn't have any rocks, seems to have few hazards, and I believe that the owner seems honest and will pay on time. If these other conditions are not met then up to $550.

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I had submitted a bid before I posted this thread. I wanted to see what kind of quotes I would get. My bid was $300, based on 6 man hours. Thanks for your input!

7. Doug406

Doug406 LawnSite Member

let us know if you get it. I bet you will not. That would take us 5.5 hours with 2 toro 62&quot;s at $35 an hour. We will be making money and leave the rough terrain, small, tight lots to your operation. Every JOB HAS GOT TO BE BID DIFFERENTLY! Sure 14 acers worth of 1/2 acre residential work with trimming and blowing will bring in $700 - to $900, but wide open mowing is plain easy.