Bid On A Job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PTLABO, Aug 15, 2004.

1. PTLABO

PTLABO LawnSite Member
    from OH

HI, I NEED HELP IN BIDDING A JOB FOR 134 CONDO UNITS. THEY WANT A BID PER EACH THING DONE: MOW & WEED TRIMMING,
    MULCHING, TRIMMING BUSHES (4000 OR SO), EDGING DRIVE AND WALKS, FERTILIZING, AND WEED PULLING FROM FLOWER BED.. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS,... I USUALLY ON DO SMALLER JOBS AND WOULD LIKE TO TRY SO BIGGERS JOB.. THANKS

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

First try breaking the job into much smaller chunks, where you can get a better feel for it. You need to look at the big job as a bunch of smaller jobs (you're probably familiar with bidding those).

When in doubt, price it high. Better to not get it, than to be stuck with a huge job that you lose money on.

Go with lower case letters next time. Thanks

3. PTLABO

PTLABO LawnSite Member
    from OH

Thanks and I will try and see what happens...
    and your right, better to high then to lose money on it.. and learn as you got, thanks for the tip about lower case aslo.

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Check back in and tell me how it went- good luck!

5. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

dont lowball your self on these hedges... also on the beds maybe a prevent? priced in so you dont have to pick as much?

6. PTLABO

PTLABO LawnSite Member
    from OH

those hedges are going to be the worst part about this job, if I get it... thank and I will see about a prevent measure to cut back on the bed weeding..thanks and I will let you know how it goes.