Bid Price on newspaper factory

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dmlandcare, Feb 16, 2006.

1. dmlandcare

dmlandcare LawnSite Member

We have been asked to submit a bid for a newspaper factory. I would guess its around 150,000 square ft. Here is an arial view. land is pretty much flat, few hills, quite a few trees to go around. What do you think price wise? The property like goes from street to street and tracks to tracks.

I would say around $200/cut

Ballpark??

Arial View................. http://maps.google.com/?ll=41.635732,-88.220446&spn=0.002638,0.004989&t=k

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Trimming??? Can you spray round up?
    I got one just a little smaller, 3.2 acres, and the trimming killed us at first. Took almost 6 hours total. Started with the round up and knocked off two hours. 2 years ago when we got it it was at 178. This year we added 20 which brings us real close to the $50 per hour mark. It is our best paying big job- Most get lucky to go between 35 and 40 per.

By the way where are you in IL. I was born there

3. dmlandcare

yea trimming included, and blowing. So $200 sounds fair for everything? I live in Plainfield. Joliet, naperville area.

4. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

thats a good area dmalndcare all that growth out there is insane . i come up there every year for christmas and everytime we are there theres a new neighborhood going in.

5. dmlandcare

Yea, population is expected to almost double by 2010. What do you think about the bid?

6. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

what will you be cutting this property with ? and many workers?

7. dmlandcare

A crew of 2 people. A 52 exmark turf tracer, 36 exmark turf tracer

8. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

If you get this job, it may be the reason to get the 60" Z. They are great on large properties.

Almost neighbors-- From Oak Lawn.
    Lot of times when I visit I stay in a camp ground in Plainfield- out 126-It is on the Fox so it may be considered Yorktown.
    And yes your price is pretty good-- At least around here in NC. Good luck

9. dmlandcare

Yea, i live right off 126. I beleive the campgound your refering to is more towards yorkville. There is also one on 126 near I55. Both fun places.