bid problem

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CLARK LAWN, Jan 20, 2006.

1. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

I'm putting together a bid for some chain store in my area part of the bid involves spring turn on and fall blow out. i currently don't have any irrigated properties so this is new to me. could anyone help me out with this need to know what to do and how to change for it. thanks for the help

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Sub it out to a actual irrigation professional, charge his rate + 10% in your bid.

3. CLARK LAWN

not allowed to sub it or i would

4. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

How many locations? Work with someone that does not have lettered trucks. Trying to take care of a few locations will not be cost effective, atleast for the winterizations. Unless the locations are within a tight logistical area.

5. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Unmarked trucks would be one option. Another would be to find a company that would sub you a tech on an as needed basis. Let that tech report to work at your site on a scheduled basis and buy a uniform/shirt for that tech to wear on the days you use him. Do this on a straight cost plus basis. Get a quote for using the tech and add 10-15% to that number and put it in the bid. I have gone so far as to give LCO's 20% off my standard price on the condition that I don't have to bill it or wait for my money. I generate an invoice and they meet me with a check when the work is done. In your case, I would charge you for everything done that day when I got back to the shop and ask for a check. Got to be someone close to you who would like the extra no hassle cash. You get a reciept for your books, I get a check for my bank account and the customer gets the service they want. Your contract reads X dollars for Y services and a per hour rate for any repairs as T&M.

6. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Also, as to the winterizing. If you can find someone to wear your uniform by the hour, when winterization time rolls around, either the tow behind goes behind your truck for part of the day, or the skid mount slides into your truck, or you rent the machine for the day the tech will be there.

7. CLARK LAWN

its for 10 locations all are pretty close togther. i thought about subbing it to someone with unmarked trucks no luck same with a tech for a day i have done some irrigation work were i worked before just been a while

8. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

What size property (fast food, sit-down, hotel?) Once I know that I will send you going rates from my area and you can look at them.

9. CLARK LAWN

drug store green area from 2400sqf - 17480sqf