Bid Quiz....!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cleancut, Dec 24, 2001.

1. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

Hey guys and gals...Here's a little test of your vast knowledge..Let's see who gets closest to the winning bid.
    This job calls for:
    30 flats of 4" begonias (12 per flat)
    10 flats of marigolds (36 per flat)
    20 flats of impatients (18 per flat)
    15 flats of 6" Chrysanthimums (10 per flat)
    38 flats of Pansies (36 per flat)

Your price needs to include plants, bed prep., application of dry slow release fert., weekly inspection, and replacement of dead flowers at your expense. What would you charge to do this??? Keep in mind, it's one part of a total maintenance contract.. I'll post my bid after I get some responses...The winner will receive absolutely nothing...Thanks....Derrick

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Location makes a big difference....since cost of living does play a major part in the bidding process. In this case how can this "contest" be done with an "correct" bid and all of us being all over the country and even the globe?

If you were to take this line out..
    ...then I can understand that you are just looking to see what others charge.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

So how is the winning bid determined? There is no real correct answer. Just a thought anyway.

4. chicks-dig-lawn-guys

chicks-dig-lawn-guys LawnSite Member

$1043.27

5. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

YOURE HIRED!!

6. chicks-dig-lawn-guys

chicks-dig-lawn-guys LawnSite Member

aight I'll drive to NC to pick up the check

7. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

God guys lighten up just a hair....There are no real winners, it's just a little quiz to have some fun and see where everybody stands...These flowers are pretty common and there shouldn't be a big difference in price and if there is you can still make a bid...You guys need to loosen up a little....So let's start rolling in some estimates....Thanks for the one and only bid, chicks...Derrick

8. lawncare

lawncare LawnSite Member

Down south i do it 4 1200 even plus tax

9. Pauls Mowing

Pauls Mowing LawnSite Member

While this is certainly not my area of work, looks like to me the bid is $0. No bid. Customer want me to buy and replace dead flowers at my expense? I don't think so, Tim....Looks like a really good deal to the customer, though.

Paul

10. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

It is funny how people read into things on here. No one is upset about anything that you posted. My post was meant to inform people, who may not have a clue on how things work, that your post may be misleading if a "correct" quote is given. Some people may see the "winning bid" and think they need to adjust there price to that bid though other factors play a big part in each bid for each company.