1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bid Response Forms

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Expert Lawns, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I am sending out bid packets soon. I would like to send out response forms as well. Forms for the potential client to fill out and send back. they can mark off all services they want, and choose their payment plan. I chose this route instead of sending the actual estimate from the start, just to see the type of responses I get. Do any of you have this type of form? I have one made up, but would like to see other for some ideas and comparative ideas. Thanks
  2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I send out proposals to customers with all the services offered, discription of work, when it will be done and a place for them to initial the work they want.
    Normally, I would total all the work up, and give a monthly price for all services. Almost all the time, they will take all services when they see the price per month it is costing them. If they don't want some of the services offered, I send them a letter with the adjusted price, and list of services they agreed to. It is working ok for now. I have thought about doing something like you are talking about, but then I think it would be more of a hassle to wait for them to return the stuff back to me.
  3. biglou

biglou LawnSite Member

we do much the same as premo does. then follow up with phone call to customer. some clients return the quote with the services checked off that they want. we inturn take that info and draw up a contract. we supply a return envelope for the signed contract. postage too. works very well. by suppling a complete full service quote each year, it has helped us up sell services, also.
  4. Expert Lawns

Thanks guys
    My only setback is tha not only with all the snow making it hard to give estimates right now, I also don't have the time to go and give an estimate to every commercial account that I'm sending information to. This will weed out the ones who already have an existing LCO that they're happy with. I'm focusing on those who maybe dont' have a lawn service provider, or who are not happy with their current provider. By sending them my info and a form to fill out, I can then give those who request it, an estimate. I'm not goig for every single account, just hoping to land a few. Also, this is a new method for me, so I'm testing it out. If it works, then I'll stick with it next year.
  5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Expert Lawns,

How are you doing this? With a flyer or more of a postcard? Maybe have a two part postcard with a perforation and a return postage permit on it? That may be a nice way to get your potential customers to send them back. Just some ideas for you :)
  6. Expert Lawns

Gopher - I am sending a small manilla envelope (6x9) with a letter, a cd-rom and a resonse form. with the response form I am includeing an envelope with postage. this is the best and cheapest I could think of. I felt like trying something new this year. The post card idea with a perferation sounds cool, might try that too. Thanks Goph