Bid sheet/project estimate

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by smalley360, Dec 16, 2006.

1. smalley360

smalley360 LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any sample bid sheets or project estimate sheets. I would like to make a professional looking bid rather than a hand written estimate with my business name on it.

Thanks!

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

We use Microsoft Excel to bid, lays everything out for the customer. Other than that, creating one of your own in Word be your next option.

3. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Smalley, what I have done is have a contract (numbered invoices) made up in triplicate with all the basic information at the top. The middle I hand write in job and scope of work and bottom is for signatures, progress payments and date. On the back are "Terms and Conditions" covering such things as additions/deductions (change orders), contingencies (strikes, acts of God, homeowner caused delays), payment clause ( no pay no more hafta work), and attorney's fees ( they pay ) and accounts over 30 days collects interest and the interest rate. Just some thoughts.....

4. smalley360

RockSet N' Grade,
    would it be ok to get a copy of your sheet?

5. RockSet N' Grade

Smalley360....private message me with your mailing address

6. smalley360

Thanks again RockSet N' Grade, I just PMed ya. :drinkup: Is your form something you designed or is it a store bought generic form? It sounds very detailed.
    Aloha!

7. RockSet N' Grade

Just stuff I've picked up through the years. Other guys here have contract forms they use too. I always ask questions to see if I can improve, yet not make it so cumbersome you have to be an attorney to understand it. On the otherhand, if I run into a large job, I will definately have an attorney review and draw it up - but small to medium jobs, this has worked for me just fine. Use what works for you, and throw away the rest - make it yours.