Bid this job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wrestlingcoach, Apr 12, 2004.

1. wrestlingcoach

wrestlingcoach LawnSite Senior Member

Yearly contract:

1. 28 mowings/ trimming/ edging of 23 acres around a college and plant building during the heat some maybe skipped
    2. daily picking up trash on the campus
    3. snow removal of the parking lots and sidewalks
    2-5 times a year

how much??

2. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

Using the $40 per acre many use, you are looking at $25,760 just for mowing for the season. Not sure how much you charge for snow removal and how much time that would take you.

3. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Up here in Michigan with snowplowing, at least in my area of Mid-Michigan, we get $30-$35 an hour to plow. I will be plowing for the first time this upcoming winter and will be charging that amount. My bro has been plowing for 4 years with a buddy of mine who is in the lawn care business who is referring customers to me since he is not taking on any new accounts, and he gets $35 an hour. We are kinda in a crummy part of Michigan, not exactly in the snow belt off the lakes so we get bypassed quite a bit with some big snow, but I know he paid off his 9' Meyer at $4000 in the first winter and it was a pretty crummy winter in terms of snow, did not even have any snow until January 5th of that year. Of course it can be long hours in a parking lot by yourself but you just think, everytime an hours passes by, you just made $30-35. I know at times he has been up plowing for 30-36 hours straight basically with a couple breaks and made about $900 in a day, not too shabby.

4. $30 - $35 per hour for snow plowing, sure hope your kiddin.

5. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

You mean 130.00 to 135.00 an hour right!

6. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Not when you work for someone else. Why, is that what you guys get down in your areas?

7. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

I was talking about working for a company that does snow plowing. There are about 5-10 companies in my area that do plowing of parking lots and the like, they pay there employees $15 an hour to use the company trucks. They usually sub-contract out to people like my brother and charge $30-35 an hour. Seems to be the going rate here working for someone else. I figured the company charged quite a bit more to turn a profit themselves.

8. tedk

tedk LawnSite Member

we charge 50$ for driveways that take about 15 minutes to plow.