1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by columbiaplower, Apr 1, 2003.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

I got a call to do a 3 arce property with a fair amount of hilly area.
    They want a price for weekly service. What would you charge?
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

O N E - D O L L A R !!!!!

Need more info.

How long will it take you.

Figure at least $60/hr

That should get you close.

Don't forget the pucker factor. :eek:
  3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Give us some more info including dimensions, degrees of the slopes, how open the areas are and pictures if possible.

4. columbiaplower

Well it depend on what crew does it. If its the one with the lazer 72" it'll take about an hour MAX! But that crew is usalyy busy with 5 arc and up. It may have to be done with the 52" lazer hp or even 2 walkbehinds. I really need to see where it fits into my route. It has one hill by the street that MUST be done with a walkbehind.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't touch it for under $175 unless it was really worth it to me...like it was real easy, right on the way to another job, I got other work out of it too like aerating or fertilizing, etc.
  6. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

Why are you asking us what to charge for three acres when you have a crew busy cutting 5+ acres lots.:confused: On a sight unseen I'm guessing somewhere around $80.00 to $215.00
  7. columbiaplower

I know exactly what i charge. For a 3 acre lot the base pirce is $101 then i add on for difficulty(hills, trimming, drainage). The hill might add another 15-20 per cut. I just wanted to see how everyone else does it.
  8. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I'd do it anywhere between $150 - $200.