Bidding a job.....Are my prices in line.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by o-so-n-so, Feb 1, 2004.

1. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

1. Transplanting 5 trees. 5'/6' tall
    2. Remove 2 dead or damaged trees. One has to be dug to make room for another tree. The other can be cut and grind stump, clean up and top soil.
    3. Plant 4 Leyland Cypress trees. 6' tall.........
    4. Move a corner fence decoration. A bed with a corner section of white vinyl fence. Remove all existing plant and mulch material and renovate. About 10-12 man hrs. have tractor with bucket.
    5. Sod old corner decor location. About 150 sq.
    6.Install new landscape bed as a focal point. Will use moss rock, dry stack to give some contrast and elevate the bed on front side. On a slight slope. Rock will be level and will to give that retaining wall look.

Material is 1123.23
    Labor is 2500.00
    Total....................3623.23

I'm new at this Landscaping Install thing. I think around 40 to 45 man hours to complete.

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Allow yourself some extra time for the transplants & removals. You never can tell when something seems easy, it probably won't be the day you go to do it. I don't know what your overhead / operating costs are, but your price seems a little low,JMO.

3. workaholic

workaholic LawnSite Senior Member

How many employees do you have working on this project? what type of trees are you transplanting?

4. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Workers.....whats that?

Me and a helper. Tractor w/ forks and a bucket.

Trees to be transplanted are 4 Leyland Cypress(5' tall) and and 1 Willow Tree (12' tall w/ a 4" cal.)

New trees will be 6' Leyland Cypress trees. 2 trees will go where 2 existing cypress tree are to be transplanted from and 2 will be new locations.

O-O