bidding a job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Davie, May 15, 2008.

1. Davie

Davie LawnSite Member

I need some help bidding a job it is a large job. lots of parking lots to blow off and lots of mowing. Maybe some spraying and lots of weedeating. Im posting a picture of the area lots of buildings and side walks. 12 month a year cleaning walks and care. I would have to buy more equipment for sure. everything in the yellow. What would something like that be worth doing I want to make it well worth the time and money. This is out of my leage but I would like to jump up to that leage. I just do average lawns but would be willing to go for this I have an inside connection on it. But it has never been bid on before it was an in house kind of job for the maintance guys there they are going to bid it out.
    [​IMG]

2. Davie

Davie LawnSite Member

Im thinking $2000 a month to high or to low? should I go $2500.

3. dmc337

dmc337 LawnSite Member

If it is indeed 65 acres as you indicated on the picture, then I think you would be WAY LOW at 2000-2500 per month. Try to get your connection to feed you info such as what is budgeted by this company for grounds maintenance, and try to figure it out from there. To put things in perspective, I do a condo association for $2000 per cut, and it is more like 30 acres and most of that is woods and mountain laurels. Good luck to you, and I hope that you do get more than what you stated.