Bidding against a larger company

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Mflip7, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Mflip7

Mflip7 LawnSite Member

Curiois about the name of the company that under bids and wins a lot of contracts...they are a national company, can anyone help?

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

this may be just a little vague

3. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

well if your in gulf port it might be Choate, what kind of business are you in?

4. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Microsoft?

5. jimmyburg

are you talking about lawn service or computer service?

6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Tru Green, Brickman....

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Walmart. :rolleyes: Come on guys, he's trolling.....:hammerhead:

8. Mflip7

Mflip7 LawnSite Member

sorry for being vague not just trolling i put in a 14 hr day yesterday a little tired i thought it was somethig like american services or the like. if you feel the need to be smart asss then dont answer, this is not a computer or a giant retailing web site any genuine help would be appreciated.

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

to be honest. does it really matter who you are bidding against? If you plan on underbidding (lowballing) the other people, you won't make the money you deserve for the job you are going to do. A national company can work on tighter profit margins on a particular job since they have the entire nation to pull from for the their profit. I did work for TGLC were we bid zero profit on jobs (maintenance) juts so we could get it and then hope to make money on flowers, installs, snow, ect... Again they have that nationwide profit center....

10. jimmyburg

I agree, I also worked for a big company and they made, mabey $200 profit off each job. I left and statred my own company and I always tell my customers i, not the cheapest or the highest but you will get what you pay for.