bidding an apartment complex

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by columbia, Feb 15, 2008.

1. columbia

columbia LawnSite Member

how much would you guys charge per week. I sm just trying to get a rough guess. Thanks

willow creek.JPG

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Probably about the same as I would pay for this car:

245023.jpg

3. columbia

columbia LawnSite Member

to add to that what size crew would you use and how long would you estimate for time? I am mostly residental looking to move up some. Do you guys use many if any chemicals at an apartment complex do to the nature that there are a ton of kids and pets etc.?

4. mathews

mathews LawnSite Member

Do you have the equipement and people to handle a job that size? Just wondering, the place is pretty big

5. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

wow with such helpful info its no wonder you have such a high post count

6. mowing grass 1111

i would put a 3 man crew on it should be able to knock that out in a little over an hour 1 1/2 tops $325-350 a cut with no edging and hitting the curbs every other week and spraying weed killer around a/c units and water meters . i would not be surprised if it went in the mid $200 range though

7. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

are you mowing just the apartment complex where the buildings are or is the area above the apartments also going to be included in the bid? How many acres does the complex take up? It hard to tell from the pictures the actual size of the property.

8. mowing grass 1111

looks like the turf stops at the tree line .. also its hard to tell if all the buildings have grass on the front and back sides

9. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

It's really hard to say but a single person could handle it with a 61" rider. If they are pine trees maybe less. I would worry about clean ups with all those trees and what size gate for the swimming pool area. Besides that it looks pretty straight forward, no grass in front of the buildings always factor garabage pick up. Just break it up in little areas to bid and add it up.

10. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Is this your first time bidding on some this big don’t miss calculate.