1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bidding and paperwork

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Southern Lawns, Jul 28, 2000.

1. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Hello all, <br> Just getting started for the eventual rollout of a full service Lawn & Landscape business on the NC coast. The actual season is about 9 months, starting very heavy in March. When should I go door to door for commercial contracts? How do you actually bid for jobs? When dealing with commercial property ie. Banks,stores,office bldgs. is it absolute that you work under a written contract or is the accepted bid suitable. Like I said I'm just starting out and really could use very detailed advice. Thanks in advance.

2. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

I don't do too much commercial work just a couple of apartment complexs. A Contract is a must!!! Don't make a general contract you need details for each one you do such as:<br>Number of cuts on the year<br>Number of times you trim shurbs<br>&quot; &quot; Mulch<br>&quot; &quot; Fert and chem etc.<br>Also put the prices after each.<br>Details, details, details!!!<br>Surf the net to get some examples look under legal or lawyers. Sometimes you can download them for free. If you still need help I'll try to send you some samples. Good luck and keep in mind the more details the better. (this way you have no discrepancies)<br>Travis AG&G Lawn Maintenance :)

3. bill phagan

bill phagan Guest

Hello Southern and welcome to the industry......you can check my site for &quot;getting started&quot; info, articles, etc.<br>www.greenindconsulting.com Need to be prepared financially, business wise and knowledgein hort.......plus adding diverse services........good luck. PS. I'll be in Carolinas in Jan....see you there.<p>bill phagan<br>bphagan@tampabay.rr.com