1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bidding Annual Contracts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Synergy Ground, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Synergy Ground

Synergy Ground LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

How do you go about getting on the Florida bidding list for State Jobs. I.E.: Roadside Mowing, Rest Areas, Etc... Also, someone told me all the phone companies have bid list to maintain around there junction boxes. Does anyone know for sure??
  2. Waterscapes By Design

Waterscapes By Design LawnSite Member

Man I just started reading up on this myself and.....WOW

Basically you sign up to start being able to bid. When you bid, if you are one of the top 2-3 low bidders you make it to round 2.
    In round 2 they expect to get an essay and another lowball price from you. If they like ya they send ya on to round 3.
    In round 3 you go to meet them and they ask ya a bunch of questions and I think ask for another low ball price, if they like you and the price, and all the answers are up to par then they will give ya the job. But they want to know everything about your business, and if you sub out like spraying, or sprinkler repair or anything else they want to know about that company as well.

They make ya jump through some serious hoops it sounds like. PM me for a .pdf file and ill send it to ya, it has their contract, and lists all the steps to land a job from them...
  3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

This is such wrong info its funny.
  4. Waterscapes By Design

Waterscapes By Design LawnSite Member

Man I was just trying to sum it up briefly, but from what i was reading at myflorida.com thats pretty much the jest of it.....And like I said, I just started reading about this stuff and am trying to look and see if its somethin I would be interested in. If you have any info or actual links I could go read up on by all means please post them....
  5. Turf Professionals Inc.

Turf Professionals Inc. LawnSite Member

Tru that! If it is so wrong, correct him with some info! Sounds exactly like something stupid the state would do
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

OK. Once your signed up on myflorida you will get an email when something is in your neighborhood. Sign into your account, see what it is, go look at the account, bid on it (best part here, all you do is put your price in, no writing any specific contract out). When the bids are in they start at the bottom asking for insurance, ect. And it goes to the lowest priced qualified person. You guys licensed to spray roundup? LC license? Its a bullcrap way to steal your money and I wouldnt care if you have it either way, but you will need it. A monkey could pass the test.