Bidding bigger propertys

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by enviouslawns, Jan 8, 2008.

1. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

This is my third year in the green industry, and have 3 commercial accounts all from calls from the trailer or knwing somone. But i want to bid bigger things this year such as hospitals and fast food chains and hotels. I know how to do the pricing but how do i actually submit the bid???? any help would be great
  2. AAXteriors

AAXteriors LawnSite Member

I dont know if you have heard the books/ reports that Sean Adams put out. I Think his website is

They do cost but they have some really good info for how to bid on commercial accounts.

3. aperfectlawn

aperfectlawn LawnSite Member

Give the business a call and ask to speak with the person in charge of property maintenance. Get them on the phone and introduce yourself, BS a little and ask them if and when they will be accepting bids for maintenance. If they do not want a bid then they are happy with who they are with and will not change. If they give you a time frame, go look at the property and mail them a bid. Give them a call 2-3 days later asking them if they received the bid. Good luck.
  4. LawnsM

LawnsM LawnSite Member

YOu just have to find the guy in charge of the lawn care for that business. ALot of times, one company will do lawn care for all of those restaraunts in that particluar area. For example, all the McDonalds in your area may have their lawn care done by the same company. However, with other restaraunts, each owner hires his own maintenance out. Again, you have to find out who is in charge. Ask if the lawn care is handled corporately or individually.
  5. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

thanks for all the help guys its greatly appreciated