Bidding Commercial businesses??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by VisionsLandscaping, Dec 18, 2007.

1. VisionsLandscaping

VisionsLandscaping LawnSite Member

I am looking to obtain some bigger restaurants in my area that are commercial accounts such as outback,applebees and some doctors offices. I need some hourly rates such as mulching,mowing and trimming. I know the rates for non-commercial accounts but i need to know some rates for commercial rates so i can get the jobs! Please any help is grateful!

Taz

2. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Really it depends upon your location. Find out from someone what things are going for / sq ft.

Find out what hourly rate people are charging?

Keep things simple but hey - go after it but be competitive!

3. VisionsLandscaping

I have an idea of it it but im just getting a perspective around your guys area. I know around here we charge $1 per minute mowing residential accounts, $65 per hr doing mulch jobs, $50 per hr per person doing cleanups.
    From what I have seen and read commercial accounts are more money in a way but you have to charge less to get them??

4. VisionsLandscaping

also how do you guys do commercial billing?

5. VisionsLandscaping

Another question,
    What would 2 Milion coverage cost me for doing commercial accounts? per month..

6. VisionsLandscaping

any help please welcomed

7. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Heres a perfect example why the commercial market has become worse than the residential market.

Hey, tell me how you came up with a dollar a minute for mowing?

8. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

All our commercial accounts are locked with contracts ranging from 1 to 3 years with a separate fuel surcharge. Commercial properties usually don't have a problem signing contracts. Mulching, shrub and tree maintenance, and clean ups are all rolled into their contract. Annuals that are planted on site are a flat rate per flat of annuals.

If you go this route. When charge for the truck, equipment, and personal on site per hour on site with it written in the rough number of hours to complete the job (always round up the time in case something happens)

Commercial/HOA prefer a lawn care/landscaping company that does everything from mowing the grass, to spraying the lawn, to installing annuals and shrubs.

9. VisionsLandscaping

$1 perminute will cover fuel,oil and maintenance costs anything lower than that is lowballing in my opinion.

10. VisionsLandscaping

several local businesses I have talked to in our area told me what they would be needing done for the year and that they usually only sign 1 yr contracts incase something might go south.

(2) mulch jobs
    mowings,trimming,blowing,(bi weekly)
    shrub/tree care
    thats all

How do you bid commercial accounts?

How would I charge it by the hour mulching?mowing and tree care..?