1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

bidding commercial properties in cny

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cntryboymc, Mar 26, 2005.

1. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

i was just wondering if i could get some pointers on bidding commercial properties.basically,i want to do lawn care,landscape maint.,etc at places like restaurants,gas stations,etc.is it too late to bid?any special pricing thoughts or wording of bids?any thoughts would be appreciated!
  2. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

would anyone like to add any thoughts to this?
  3. kirk brown

kirk brown LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

i`ve just been handing out a letter stating my business and my services with a nice cover sheet and a business card and staple it all together, and hand them out to various businesses around town. it`s probably not to late, I handed mine out over the last 2 weeks. Hope this helps....payup
  4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

first off, no disrespect, but use the search button.

second, it is never the wrong time to advertise. People change services all the time.

third, understand that many of the gas stations and restaurants are slow poor payers and really cheap. Be aware of that before you start.
  5. RyanD

RyanD LawnSite Member

What I have done is called a lot of the businesses in my home town and ask when, not if they would be taking bids. From their responses, i would guess they hadn't even thought about it yet. many of them asked for one. I don't think it is too late but that is based on my experience in my town.