1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bidding Corporate Landscaping Prices

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by cawaugh, Oct 27, 2008.

1. cawaugh

cawaugh LawnSite Member

I would like to see what the going rate is for installation of 3" river rocks. These beds are currently covered in really old mulch that must also be removed. This is for 10 stores with corporate owners. Thanks
  2. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

good answer chase!!!:laugh::laugh:
  4. cawaugh

cawaugh LawnSite Member

I wanted to no the price per ton in stalled i done a few smaller jobs but this a 10 chain restarunt store
  5. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

How much do you buy it per ton? Tripple that for labor. Sounds good to me
  6. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

we pay $12/ton charge $65/ton installed. Removal of the mulch would be extra as well would laying landscape fabric down.
  7. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

for 3" river rock? We would pay 125 a ton minimum. Doubt you are paying 12 a ton.
  8. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotta be $100/ton min for the rock. I think I pay $108 or 128... haven't bought it in a while!
  9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

if you dont know how to come up with your own prices to match what your company (or lack there of) needs to charge in order to make a decent profit (or beer money) then you dont need to be doing that kind of work yet.
  10. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

How the heck do you guys know what people pay for materials in their area? Those responses are as stupid as his question. I pay $31.50 a ton for 3"-5" riverrock.