Bidding Goverment Properties

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by TORO07, Jan 23, 2008.

1. TORO07

TORO07 LawnSite Member

I Have An Opportunity To Bid On A Goverment Property To Mow And Trim Shrubery Have Any Of You Had Experience With This And What Other Things Do You Need Besides Liability Ins And Business License.

2. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Can I ask how you found this "offer" to bid? Paper, internet?

3. TORO07

TORO07 LawnSite Member

I Had Seen The Quality Of Work Being Done At This Location This Past Season And Decided To To Send A Letter To Them,no Response From Letter,so I Decided To Just Go In The Business And Introduce Myself And Explain What Services I Offered.The Supervisor Said He Had My Letter That I Had Sent And Would Contact Me When He Would Start Taking Bids On The Property.

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

No experance doing Government contracts,

But Thanks for the post, I have been after the METRO Bus system here in Houston for quite some time,

The thing that's holding me up is that my company is NOT worth 2 million dollars.

there's a ton of restrictions

5. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

Boh, that sounds very prejudice to me! What does it mean to them if your company is worth 2 mill. Or do they mean 2 mill in insurance? That might be whats holding you back. Whats it matter if you are a one man shop or a 10 guy shop. Most of the 50 guy shops can do just as good as a one guy shop. Thats ignorant in there position to do that.

But they are the gov. what can you do

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

NO,,, 2 million in assets

The Metro is a bus line here in Houston, they have 34 terminals.

and I'm not sure on park and ride places,

they are so bid that the city turned it over to the Government,

they have had a lot of trouble with them, break in's and such, and got sued "or tried to sue" many times.
    they just revamped and installed gate controllers and cameras.
    they want you to prove on paper that you have 2 million, in assets. money equiptment and such.